Wicked Good Guides / Boston Cityviews /

Revere Beach in late winter

Gulling

We went to Everett Sunday for a birthday party. It was such a nice day that afterwards we drove over to Revere Beach. The gull above was one of the ones we threw french fries at to see if they could catch them on the wing (nine times out of ten, they could). Other pics:

One good tern deserves another:

Lotta birds

Determined kids know that clamshells make good emergency shovels:

Dig we must

She sees seashells by the seashore:

shell

Still no pope in Revere:

The Little Trashmaid:

trash barrel

Tide waits for no man:

tide

Hey, where'd everybody go?!?

Where?

Oh, right, to Kelly's, of course!

Comments

Great shots Adam! Perfect shot of gull in air! One or TWO tries with fries to get THAT composition?

Ken on February 29, 2004 08:21 PM.

Thanks! At first, I'd put my camera down (you know, to actually eat!), but then I noticed that when Greta threw french fries, the birds were sort of just hovering there. So I went over with a handful and threw fries with one hand and snapped with the second - and got lucky on the second try.

adamg on February 29, 2004 09:19 PM.

ah...everett and revere beach. i grew up in the former and frequented the latter every hot summer day in my teens.

one of my favorite mental snapshots is of my oldest child's first trip to the ocean. we'd been living in northern va, and had come home for thanksgiving the year he turned 4 (he's now 20) after gorging ourselve's at my mother's, i took him down revere beach to see the waves and sand. i can still she him running like mad toward the water's edge and then screeching to a halt just before a wave got his sneakers...

thanks for the pictures!!! they bring back lots of good times!!

karen

karen on March 1, 2004 12:53 PM.

I remember as a teen, I'd always were looking forward to go to Revere Mass. At the time that's when they had the best places to eat as far as the best Pizza along the oceanside where I remember all the activities including rollercoasters were among the excitement of entertaining the Revere Beach. Friday nights were special. I believe today they still have some of those famous eating places including the one for it's famous seafood dishes.

I miss you Revere. Some day I'll come back just to bring back those memories I had as a teen.

Laureen S on October 8, 2004 09:15 PM.

Revere Beach! Fond memories ! Grew up in Malden and as kid, the summers were really brightend up by that 5 cents bus ride to the Beach. As a teenager in the 1950s, it got even better. I had my own money and loved those amusements. The Cyclone! Now that was a roller coaster.

John Tomasello on October 20, 2004 03:29 PM.

Great Pictures!!keep em comming,,I am in Texas now but am always happy to see some Boston pictures,,Thanks.

Nick Iacoviello on February 21, 2005 10:14 AM.

great place to be in the city!
nice view! nice people! nice cars!

yan on August 1, 2005 11:19 AM.

i was in boston now im in peru i love kellys the best food in revere beach and the guys 2. I WANT SHRIMPS I MISS THEM ...!!!!!!!!!

shirley on September 23, 2005 04:34 PM.

I grew up in Beachmont, and Revere Beach as a kid, now live in Florida, I miss the rides, games , and pizza joints on the beach, and the fried clams, and the smell, ohhhhh.... the smell, you could have just got done eating, and the smell of all the food would make you hungry all over again !! I was there in the 60's, and left there in "72", its all gone now except for a handfull of the places I remember eating at, Anna's, Bianchi's (my dad and the original owner use to call each other cousins)Bill Ash's, Kelly's, there use to be alot of other good places to eat there that are gone now, like Stella's Pizza,Rudolph's,Hurley's, but now,34 years later, it all seems so long ago, and like another world, people who didnt live there and then, will never understand the magic that an 11 year old boy felt just being there, I wish I could have it back for just one day !! I can still hear the arcades,barkers, and carousels

Keith Cantone on June 14, 2006 12:49 AM.

Cool, good job, i like you site.
i am wishing you a new clients and be happy with your further projects.
Mark (ex-golden boy:-))

GessestTrourl on October 7, 2007 06:36 AM.

We lived in the projects on #1 Valor Rd.
My name is Joseph "JoJo'Johns and we looked down at Revere Beach in the 1960's, my girlfriend Carol Nolan and my cousin Jimmy Destefano with the Defenbacks,Imbruglia's and Bushey's.
Would get a $1.00 allowance and be allowed to spend the day down there on Saturdays. Or we could go to the Seville Theatre and get a sub sandwich and see movies like 13 Ghosts and Spartacus. Hurleys was like Heaven. And Christmas we would go shoppin at the stores at the beach. The adults would sneak in and play Fascination while we roamed freely.As a young drummer my mom slipped me into the Frolics lounge and got me on drums with visiting bands..One Time I played with the G-Clefs there. She wanted me on TV ! And put Carol and I on Bozo the clown and Major Mudd as regulars. So we were at the stations regularly. I hope in the end of my life God will let me watch it all over again as a movie!

Joseph "JoJo" Johns on February 5, 2008 09:08 PM.