Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1.1 We are a private, for-profit corporation.
- 1.4 Your Contributions to Boston-Online.com
- 1.5 You may only make use of this site for lawful and topically relevant activities
We are a private, for-profit corporation.
It is our intention to support this site with display advertising
Your Contributions to Boston-Online.com
- Please be aware that you are legally responsible for all of your contributions, edits, and re-use of Boston-Online.com content under the laws of the United States of America and other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content).
- Permissions You Grant Us by use of this site:
- Permission to use content you create and share: Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
- You own the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on Boston-Online.com. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
- However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘license’) to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our Products and services.
- Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Boston-Online.com, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
- You can delete content individually or all at once by deleting your account. Learn more about how to delete your account. You can download a copy of your data at any time before deleting your account.
- When you delete content, it’s no longer visible to other users, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
- immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations (in which case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from when you delete it);
- your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
- where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
- investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
- comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
- in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
- In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
You may only make use of this site for lawful and topically relevant activities
- If you use the site unlawfully we will remove or undo your unlawful content or changes without any obligation to warn, explain, or discuss why with you though we will try to answer reasonable inquiries. We may, at our discretion, remove or block your account by various means if we deem that necessary to prevent you from using this site unlawfully, disruptively, or in a manner contrary to its purpose and theme which is to provide content and discussion about Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- You may not submit content which you do not own and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights you do not own.
- If you are the owner of content that is being improperly used on this site without your permission you may request that the content be removed under the DMCA. To make such a request, please email us at legal@Boston-Online.com or send a printed request to:
- DMCA Takedown Notice
- c/o STD, INC.
- PO Box 35555
- Boston, MA 02135 USA
- We are organized in the state of Massachusetts, USA though we may be required to conform to the laws of other jurisdictions.
- We are committed to US principles of free speech and will endeavor to tolerate opinions and other content we might disagree with strongly.
- That said we will not tolerate content which is boring, seems to be intended only to offend others without adding any value, irrelevant to the page or topic it was added to, seems to be bullying, intimidating, or threatening in any way, or appears to be overly personal such as attempting to reveal personal information about others. We reserve the right to remove such content or move it to its own location at our discretion.
- You may not use this site for commercial or personal advertising without our explicit permission. Any advertising content we haven't approved will be removed without warning or explanation.
- False statements or news may be marked as such or if deemed malicious or irresponsible may be removed or moved to its own content area with added warnings or other disclaimers.